Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2021, 10:53:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Ceriatone Forums are up and running!!!
Guests please register
Note: If you want to help you can donate to keep the forums alive.

Do you want to advertise on this forum ? Send me a private message.

Amplified Parts
+  Ceriatone Forum
|-+  British Style
| |-+  18 Watt
| | |-+  how to get lower volume tube breakup with marshall models?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to get lower volume tube breakup with marshall models?  (Read 19282 times)
Offline Offline

Posts: 2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »

I also had the 1/2 power option added (which answers one of your questions). 

      I'm pretty sure you are referring to a Pentode to Triode switch. Not the same thing as a 1/2 power switch. A 1/2 power switch in an 18 watter would require going from push-pull to single ended output. That would be nuts.

I didn't build the amp, I'm not an amp builder, all I'm saying is that Nik added a switch to the back my amp that (to the best of my knowledge) cuts output power in half... it very well could be a pentode-to-triode, I'm not sure.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.12 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

CeriaTone Forum is not afiliated with Ceriatone Amplifications. The CeriaTone and name, logo and related trademarks and service marks, owned by CeriaTone. , are registered and/or used in the U.S. and many foreign countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and trade names referenced in this site are the property of their respective owners.