Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:33:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Ceriatone Forums are up and running!!!

Guests please register
Note: If you want to help you can donate to keep the forums alive.

Do you want to advertise on this forum ? Send me a private message.

Amplified Parts
+  Ceriatone Forum
|-+  Website, Store
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Guitar Poweramp 50 watts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Poweramp 50 watts  (Read 3700 times)
imascorpio1969

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:13:04 PM »

does anyone know what might be the closest thing that Ceriatone or any other Kit type manufacturer makes/sells that would be similar to just a guitar poweramp similar to the rackmount poweramps like the VHT Two-Fifty-Two or the old Peavey Classic 50/50 poweramps with the Master volume, Depth and Presence controls? Those amps are stereo power amps that you can run stereo 50 watts per channel or bridge them into 100 watts mono. I would NOT really need the amp to be stereo or rackmountable, but something with at least 30 watts with the basic Volume and presence controls... Maybe a mod to an already available kit or something like that? Thanks
wyatt
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »

There aren't any stock options from nik AFAIK.

But I'm sure he could build a slave amp.  It's pretty much the power amp with all of the preamp stripped out.  You would start the circuit at the PI, or probably the last driver stage before the PI. 

You can also go for any tube hi-fi power amp and kit.  There isn't anything guitar specific about a power amp, that's all in the preamp.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:47:48 PM by wyatt » Logged
Tone Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 04:57:52 AM »

Did you want to build it yourself, rather than get a used old rack one?
Must be a special project...
I thought about doing this for an FX send, i.e. keep the real amp dry and run a wet slave amp with delay, reverb, etc
Cheers
Tone

Dr Tone Control, Strats mostly, prefer saturated clean tones, a little OD sometimes
BM50, JTM45, 36w EF86, DZ30, Expression, + non-Ceriatones (Matchless, Victoria, Wienbrock)
Just started with pedals a little after a 10 year purist spell, but usually just delay
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length