Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:04:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Ceriatone Forums are up and running!!!

Guests please register
Note: If you want to help you can donate to keep the forums alive.

Do you want to advertise on this forum ? Send me a private message.

Amplified Parts
+  Ceriatone Forum
|-+  American Style
| |-+  5E3 Tweed Deluxe
| | |-+  Should I be using a 1A fuse in the UK at 230V for the 5E3?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should I be using a 1A fuse in the UK at 230V for the 5E3?  (Read 5372 times)
Tone Control

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »

I notice the 5E3 fuse is 2A inline with the mains, with the 120V tap on the wiring diagram

Should I be using a 1A fuse in the UK at 230V? Mine has a 2A fuse at the minute

Cheers
Tone

Dr Tone Control, Strats mostly, prefer saturated clean tones, a little OD sometimes
BM50, JTM45, 36w EF86, DZ30, Expression, + non-Ceriatones (Matchless, Victoria, Wienbrock)
Just started with pedals a little after a 10 year purist spell, but usually just delay
cmoore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 04:44:12 AM »

Yes, you are correct.
But why does your amp have a 2A fuse?
Is this amp presently running at 120, and  being rewired for 230V?
Tone Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »

Yes, you are correct.

I just bought in second-hand in the UK from a studio, it is wired for 230V since new AFAIK
I looked at the faceplate,and got the fuse out to check. Maybe someone just changed it here without checking. I guess the front plate would confuse a studio tech unfamiliar with vintage-spec gutiar amps
Looks like I need to get a new one fitted

Cheers
Tone

Dr Tone Control, Strats mostly, prefer saturated clean tones, a little OD sometimes
BM50, JTM45, 36w EF86, DZ30, Expression, + non-Ceriatones (Matchless, Victoria, Wienbrock)
Just started with pedals a little after a 10 year purist spell, but usually just delay
cmoore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 07:11:53 PM »

Yes, you are correct.

I just bought in second-hand in the UK from a studio, it is wired for 230V since new AFAIK
I looked at the faceplate,and got the fuse out to check. Maybe someone just changed it here without checking. I guess the front plate would confuse a studio tech unfamiliar with vintage-spec gutiar amps
Looks like I need to get a new one fitted

Cheers
Tone
Well then, it was a good catch on your part. You might want to contact Nik to see if you can push the rating passed 1A at all. But in the mean time, see what a 1A Slo-Blo will do.  Have you powered up this amp yet?
Good Luck
Tone Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 08:27:08 PM »

I ran it for a few days before I saw the schematic on the site, then I thought: hang on.....
I'll get a 1A asap

Cheers
Tone

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length