Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 07:58:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Ceriatone Forums are up and running!!!

Guests please register
Note: If you want to help you can donate to keep the forums alive.

Do you want to advertise on this forum ? Send me a private message.

Amplified Parts
+  Ceriatone Forum
|-+  British Style
| |-+  18 Watt
| | |-+  36Watt EF86 Arrived Yesterday
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 36Watt EF86 Arrived Yesterday  (Read 2812 times)
Ronman

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2009, 09:58:35 AM »

The amp got here yesterday.  I ordered a complete package with cabinet and tubes.  I installed the tubes and fired it up through my 1960 AC (Greenbacks) and two hours dissapeared instantly....
The fit and quality are awsome and this thing sounds so much better than my last 2 DSL 50's it's almost laughable.  I can't wait to use it with my band and let it burn in a little.  The tubes Nik supplied were all JJ's except for the EF86, which is Electro Harmonix.  Tone and more Tone!  I really like the AC30 vibe also, it seems a bit bright but way cool.  I was feeling a little self doubt about parting with the last DSL, but 5 minutes of playing this amp reminded me that I never was going to find that tone I used to get from those old ones (until now) and this was the way to go.

Thanks to all you guys on the forum for some great information, maybe I'll work up the courage to build my own Deluxe Reverb kit one of these days.  And of course, Thanks to Nik!!!

Ron
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length